Strategy into action
Uniting AgeWell’s Diversity Strategy is designed to embed inclusive service standards and build on the work of the Uniting Church by rejoicing in diversity. It is:
- underpinned by a human rights based approach in line with the World Health Organisation principles of non-discrimination, availability, accessibility, acceptability, quality, accountability and universality;
- based on the BEST philosophy;
- reflective of the seven pillars of inclusion; access, attitude, choice, partnership, communication, policy and opportunities; and
- visually represented by the Uniting AgeWell Diversity Flower (pictured).
What is our BEST philosophy?
At Uniting AgeWell we provide a workplace culture based on the BEST philosophy:
- Believe we can make a difference everyday.
- Excel by improving the way we work and partner with others to share and gain wisdom.
- Support our people and value their contribution, experience and differences.
- Trust in our relationships to build strong and collaborative partnerships.
Harmony Week 2022
Established to celebrate Australia’s cultural diversity and coinciding with the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, this week provides the platform to acknowledge the contributions of multicultural communities to Australian society.
42% of Uniting AgeWell’s employees were born overseas. Our team now includes representation from 363 countries, and who speak with 38 languages spoken. Reflecting our core values of Inclusion this week we will be celebrating the varied journeys and career pathways of just some of our valued employees and we encourage you to read their stories.
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office