Update 21 January 2022
The rapid rate of community transmission of COVID-19 is impacting many individuals, families and services across Victoria and nationally and is both challenging and worrying for us all.
Our absolute priority remains the safety and wellbeing of all Uniting AgeWell customers, our communities and our staff and ensuring we reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
While we continue to respond to this wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, Uniting AgeWell will operate a modified delivery of Allied Health and Social Connection services. Examples of supports that will continue to be available include:
- Individual programs of Allied Health Services including Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Massage & Podiatry will be delivered with a maximum of two clients present for any session. Clients will need to wear a mask at all times during their session. Please wear your mask before entering the building. At which point we will supply you with a new mask.
- Individual Social Connection and Respite services
- Technology based exercise sessions using Zoom
- Allied health or Social Connection programs in homes if appropriate
- Providing you with a self-managed home based exercise program; check in with trained personal
- Regular telephone-based contact and the use of Zoom or other platforms you may prefer to connect with you remotely
Our aim during this time will be to continue to provide our allied health, social support and carer respite clients with the services and supports they need to maintain their independence and wellbeing at home.
We will keep you informed of any changes to timeframes for modified services in line with government and public health advice.
The following information may also be of interest: