With the significant easing of COVID-19 restrictions across Victoria, Uniting AgeWell Centres have resumed some centre-based and outdoor services.
In resuming these services, our absolute priority continues to be the health, safety and wellbeing of all clients and staff. While there is currently no community transmission of COVID-19 in Victoria, we have seen in South Australia how quickly this situation can change. As a result, we will be taking a COVIDSafe approach to all activities and will remain vigilant and aware of the potential risks.
From 23 November 2020, Uniting AgeWell offers the following centre-based allied health services:
- Outdoor exercise therapy on a 1:1 basis
- Podiatry consultations in our AgeWell Centres
The following social support programs are also offered:
- Limited outing programs
- 1:1 social support programs in your home
- Art therapy sessions in your home.
- Re-opening of the Hawthorn Men’s Shed
We continue to offer you services in your home that enable you to remain independent, including:
- Visiting your home to provide allied health support including occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Visiting you at home to deliver a tailored exercise program with you and provide monitoring and advice
- Providing you with a self-managed home based exercise program
- Zoom exercise programs being delivered in your home
- Regular telephone-based contact, and over time, the use of tele-health technology to connect with you remotely
The following information may also be of interest: