Update at 21 January 2022
The rapid rise in community transmission of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 is extremely challenging and concerning for us all.
Uniting AgeWell’s service commitment to our ILU residents remains an absolute priority. Our aim during this time is to support you to remain safe, to maintain your independence and wellbeing at home and assist you should you contract COVID-19 or become a close contact.
As you are living in a community setting, it is very important that we all work together to slow the spread of infection.
If you or someone in your household is unwell, or is awaiting a PCR result or has returned a positive PCR or RAT result you must notify your Uniting AgeWell Housing Officer or Concierge immediately so that staff can continue to support you.
Things you can do to minimise risk of infection
- Wear a mask outside your home and in group settings
- Practise good hand hygiene – wash your hands often
- Consider how you connect with other residents and staff and arrange to meet outside
- Have your booster vaccination as soon as possible – this is now recommended three months after your second dose
Services and Supports available to assist you though COVID-19
Uniting AgeWell continues to deliver services during this pandemic. Our well trained and committed workforce are here to assist you to remain safe and well at home.
Examples of additional services we can provide you with via a Uniting AgeWell Home Care Package, Commonwealth Home Support Programme service or through privately funded services are:
- Personal care
- Escorted travel to essential medical appointments such as for flu vaccinations, radiology, pathology or transfusions
- Escorted visits for essential supplies e.g. for goods that can only be found in pharmacies
- Support with accessing on-line shopping and the delivery and packing away of shopping
- Arrangement for meals on wheels and the pick-up and delivery of meals from friends and family
- Nursing and allied health services including occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Development of exercise programs to stay active and healthy at home
If people have been affected by COVID-19 or are in self-isolation, urgent or immediate services can be put in place and funded for up to eight weeks without the requirement for an assessment.
Please find out more:
For previous communications read more here.