The situation in Australia is unprecedented and changing on a daily basis. Uniting AgeWell is monitoring and following the actions and advice of Government and the federal and state Departments of Health in order to reduce the risk of spread of infection in our communities.
Uniting AgeWell’s COVID-19 response includes:
- Visitor access restrictions across all aged care residences and services. Pre-arranged visits within strict visitation guidelines, screening requirements and ongoing precautionary measures are in place
- Additional staffing and augmented lifestyle programs at residential sites to assist with social engagement and interaction, including the provision of more communications devices to facilitate contact via Skype, FaceTime and Zoom
- Increased communication and information flows with residents, clients and families
- Additional wellbeing services including mental health, chaplaincy and pastoral care
- Additional staff training and monitoring around infection control and hygiene practices, including increased cleaning of touch points
- Active monitoring of all staff and visitors to sites, including the signing of a declaration regarding health and COVID-19 risk and temperature checking every time they present to the site
- Securing additional supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The introduction of telehealth for GP and specialist consultations to further reduce the risk of spread of infection or the need to attend external appointments
- The continued delivery of all home care services, with additional hygiene and social distancing precautions in place as well as developing augmented services for people affected by COVID-19 restrictions. These include regular welfare checks, telehealth options, smart home devices for those living alone to provide greater security, shopping services and in-home allied health services, including physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
Uniting AgeWell will continue its regular contact with residents, clients, families and visitors to keep them fully informed.
Read the Latest Information you need.
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office