At Uniting AgeWell, we understand the importance of supporting people who care for seniors in our community.
We offer a range of respite options to give carers a break, while providing a stimulating and supportive environment for the person they care for.
These options can include:
- In Home Respite - a one-to-one service where a care worker provides respite within your home or the care recipient may be taken into the community.
- Day Respite Program - respite is provided within a day centre setting, appropriate to individual care needs.
- Community Access/Transit Groups - where a small group of clients go on an outing with the support of a care worker.
- Overnight Respite - respite is provided overnight in an overnight cottage or other community residential facility. Respite can be arranged for 1 or 2 nights
- Respite Stay Package - Uniting AgeWell has introduced a special Respite Stay Package, which provides a three week stay at one of our residences for the cost of just two weeks. This special package is available for all respite stays made between 1 November 2020 and 30 June 2021.
Our respite program is funded and reviewed annually by the Department of Health.
For more information about community respite or carer services, contact a Community Respite Service near you, or for residential respite care, contact the Uniting AgeWell team on 1300 783 435.
Bendigo Respite Services assist carers in taking regular breaks from their, at times, challenging circumstances. They may be experiencing difficulties balancing their employment, study or leisure time with their care responsibilities and need time to recharge.Phone: (03) 5454 2100
Address: Shop 13 / 172 McIvor Highway, Strathdale VIC 3550
Uniting AgeWell Carer Respite Services Melbourne provides a range of respite services across the eastern, southern and western metropolitan regions of Melbourne, to support the individual needs of carers and help them maintain their caring role.Phone: (03) 9845 3166
Address: 9 Jolimont Road, Forest Hill, VIC 3131
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office