At Uniting AgeWell, we understand the importance of supporting people who care for seniors in our community.
We offer a range of respite options to give carers a break, while providing a stimulating and supportive environment for the person they care for.
These options can include:
- In Home Respite - a one-to-one service where a care worker provides respite within your home or the care recipient may be taken into the community.
- Day Respite Program - respite is provided within a day centre setting, appropriate to individual care needs.
- Community Access/Transit Groups - where a small group of clients go on an outing with the support of a care worker.
- Overnight Respite - respite is provided overnight in an overnight cottage or other community residential facility. Respite can be arranged for 1 or 2 nights
- Residential Respite Care - stay temporarily, for one week or more, at any of our Residential Care Communities across Victoria and Tasmania.
Our respite program is funded and reviewed annually by the Department of Health.
For more information about community respite or carer services, contact a Community Respite Service near you, or for residential respite care, contact the Uniting AgeWell team on 1300 783 435.
Residential Respite Care
Uniting AgeWell offer residential respite care at all of our residential care communities in Victoria and Tasmania. You may choose to stay for one week or more.
All respite clients have full access to the quality care and amenities offered at Uniting AgeWell residences including 24/7 registered nurses and skilled care staff, vibrant lifestyle and activities program, chef-prepared meals, and access to allied health services.
Sharing the Care is our support kit for families and carers new to residential care.
Designed to help family carers and the person they care for make the transition to residential care a little easier.
Our comprehensive support kit guides you through what to expect and how to cope with this significant life change, from emotional responses and personal wellbeing to settling the resident into their new home. It provides practical advice and easy access to the information and supports you might need during this time of transition.
Bendigo Respite Services assist carers in taking regular breaks from their, at times, challenging circumstances. They may be experiencing difficulties balancing their employment, study or leisure time with their care responsibilities and need time to recharge.Phone: (03) 5454 2100
Address: Shop 13 / 172 McIvor Highway, Strathdale VIC 3550
Uniting AgeWell Carer Respite Services Melbourne provides a range of respite services across the eastern, southern and western metropolitan regions of Melbourne, to support the individual needs of carers and help them maintain their caring role.Phone: (03) 8845 1800
Address: 9 Jolimont Road, Forest Hill, VIC 3131
The Hobart AgeWell Centre provides social support for people who are socially or financially disadvantaged, have dementia or memory loss, carers who require day respite and people under 65 with a disability.Phone: (03) 6289 8850
Address: 283 Cambridge Road, Mornington TAS 7018
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office