Uniting AgeWell can help you access food and other staples through arranging your grocery shopping all the way to your kitchen bench, or getting prescriptions filled on your behalf.
Uniting AgeWell has extended its home support services to help you continue shopping for essentials and attending medical appointments that can’t be managed through telehealth options.
- Shop for your groceries on your behalf.
- Collect and deliver shopping that you have ordered.
- Arrange online shopping, including helping you register for priority assistance.
- Assist with unpacking items and storing them away.
- Provide escorted shopping for groceries and pharmacy supplies where it is safe to do so.
- Provide escorted travel to medical appointments for flu vaccinations, radiology, pathology or transfusions.
- Arrange the commencement of services by the next business day.
Our Home Support Team are here to help
Uniting AgeWell staff can attend and purchase goods for you at your local Grocer or during the special shopping times Coles and Woolworths have allocated, or at another time. We can also assist you to access the online priority services that Coles, Woolworths and IGA have in place for seniors.
We can take you shopping or assist you with escorted travel to medical appointments, such as for flu vaccinations, radiology, pathology or transfusions.
Fees for Essential Shopping and Escorted Transport services are low and consistent with Uniting AgeWell’s current, gazetted fee schedule for Home Care Packages and Commonwealth Home Support Programme services.
Your Client Advisor will discuss these fees with you prior to any arrangements being made.
In circumstances where you cannot afford to pay, please discuss with your local Uniting AgeWell team.
Get in touch
We have offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria and Tasmania.Find your local office